We offer free shipping on most orders over $300 throughout the contiguous USA.
Most items qualify for free shipping; but over sized and overweight packages may incur additional delivery charges. Some items with high dimensional weight or items that ship in 2 packages may incur a small shipping surcharge.
Free shipping applies to the continental US only. Alaska, Hawaii and Canada will be quoted at time of checkout.
We reserve the right to negate the free shipping clause for orders at anytime. Orders subject to this will typically exceed a maximum shipping weight and distance requirement in order for free shipment to be feasible. In these rare cases customers will be contacted personally to resolve the issue.
Please note that if the package is rejected for any reason, by any person, at the time of receipt then the Free Shipping is void and you will need to pay for the reshipment of your package.
In the event of your order qualifying for a volume discount, we can only ship for free to a single address, and additional shipment addresses will be be quoted separately.
First, we would like to state that the Summit Measurement return policies have been designed to be as hassle-free and fair as possible. We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase, but we also understand that sometimes an item needs to be returned or exchanged. The following policies are in place to allow for a fair and timely return whenever appropriate. *Most manufacturers will not accept returns unless they are shipped in the original packaging with all packing material, manuals and accessories.
How to Return an Item:
Returns can only be accepted with authorization, so please fill out the RMA request form at the bottom of this page to request a Return Authorization Number. This RMA number must be attached to the returned package, or it may be returned to you.
The First 14 days.
Inside the first 14 days, there are two types of returns that we allow. They are handled differently, so please read the following carefully to make sure your return is processed accordingly.
DEFECTIVE ITEMS - This is a return for refund or exchange when an item is determined to be defective, damaged upon arrival, or for some other reason, qualifies as defective. In this case, we will exchange for a new non-defective item at no expense to you, or refund the cost of the item and return shipping. If an item arrives damaged to you, we must be notified inside 5 days of receipt of the shipment, so we may process a claim with the shipping companies.
NON-DEFECTIVE ITEMS - This is a return of an item through no fault of the product. If you changed your mind, or ordered the wrong item, your order is subject to a restocking fee of 25%. If your order qualified for a free shipping promotion, the cost of the original shipping will be deducted from the refund. Items must be returned to us in new, unaltered condition (without showing signs of wear or damage, such as scratches, marks, missing parts or accessories). The cost of shipping the product back to us in this case, is always the responsibility of the customer.
AFTER 14 DAYS:
After 14 days, purchases made from Summit Measurement are no longer covered by our Return Policy. After this time, products are covered by their respective Manufacturer's Warranty and in most cases, this lasts for 12 months from date of invoice. Products are repaired or replaced if the item does not work as it should, unless damaged by customer. If the item is not determined to be defective, some manufacturers may charge an evaluation/repair fee. Return shipping of warranty items is the responsibility of the customer. If the item is found defective, the shipping expense will be reimbursed.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact our customer service team at 855-972-2537, and we will help you figure everything out.
The "Fine Print" and Details.
- All refunds are contingent upon product inspection and testing once they are sent back. We must determine cause of issues whenever possible to be able to know how we are to resolve the problem.
- Manufacturer warranty coverage is not valid outside of the continental USA. ALL SALES OUTSIDE OF THE USA AND CANADA ARE FINAL (No refunds, exchanges, returns)
- We need the items to be returned to us in all of the original packaging. If the product comes back to us without all packing materials, manuals, and adapters, we reserve the right to deny the return, or charge a restocking fee that covers the cost of replacing these items.
- If the item appears to be damaged by the shipping company and is noticed at time of delivery, a customer should not accept the shipment, and we will simply arrange to ship another item after refusal.
- There are certain things never covered by manufacturer warranties, mainly water damage, customer damage (such as dropping them), and battery life.
- Custom and special orders cannot be returned.
- All returns/replacements will be shipped via UPS Ground. Faster shipping is available at customer's expense.